Do you remember ? Seven Types of Plastic around us
The Plastics Industry Association in the United States has developed standards that classify popular recyclable plastics into the following seven types:
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)
- Used to make water bottles, cooking oil bottles, and other similar items.
- Can be recycled into polyester fibers to make clothing items such as sweaters, as well as rugs.
- High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- Used to make nursing bottles, water bottles, cleaning solution containers, and other similar items.
- Can be recycled into engine oil containers, pipes, and artificial wood cartons.
- Used to make water pipes, tubing, doors, and other similar items.
- Can be recycled into traffic cones, pipes, and furniture.
- Used to make films, plastic bags for food, and other similar items.
- Can be recycled into bin bags, garbage bins, tiles, and furniture.
- Used to make food containers, dishes, bowls, tumblers, medicine bottles, baskets, and other similar items.
- Can be recycled into battery boxes and engine components for automobiles.
- Used to make foam food containers.
- Can be recycled into clothes hangers, rulers, power switch panels, thermal insulation, and egg cartons.
- Plastics in this category can be mixed with other types of plastic and recycled.
GC understands the important benefits of plastics and supports their responsible use based on the concept of the Circular Economy.
#Circularliving #ไลฟ์สไตล์เปลี่ยนโลก #GCChemistryforBetterLiving
Other Feature Stories