Dow Jones Sustainability Indices
PTTGC's World Sustainability Records : Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI)
|World Sustainability Indices||What||Why participate||Recognitions|
|Dow Jones Sustainability Indices||
Important facts about Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI)
What are DJSI and why is it important?
- DJSI tracks the performance of world's leading companies in corporate sustainability
- DJSI is used by many global investment funds as main investment criteria
Assessment and Selection Process
- DJSI committee preliminarily screened leading corporates worldwide and then invited as many as 2,500 corporates as potential candidates for DJSI in various sectors.
- There were 122 candidates that passed preliminary screening in Chemicals sector.
- There were 86 qualified companies in Chemicals sector
- Only 10 companies, including PTTGC, in Chemicals sector were identified as global leader in sustainability (The sector leader is Akzo Nobel NV.)
What are the benefits of participating in DJSI?
- For PTTGC: PTTGC can benchmark its performance with those of other global leaders in the same sector, and leverage its processes and performances accordingly
- For PTTGC's stakeholders: All PTTGC's stakeholders, especially investors, would be more trustful and confident that PTTGC's business maneuver is carried out in a sustainable way
Why PTTGC was awarded "leaders in business sustainability" by DJSI?
- PTTGC has a long reputation in conducting its business based on the concept of sustainable development and, hence, has gained recognition from two international institutions; namely, United Nations and World Business Council for Sustainable Development together with local institutions such as the Stock Exchange of Thailand
- In addition, PTTGC has adopted and incorporated "Global Codes of Conducts in Sustainable Development" in its business strategy and commitment such as
- Research and Development projects that aim at promoting environmental sustainability such as Enclosed Ground Flare R&D project and Bio-projects
- PTTGC also encourages sustainability development along its Supply Chain, including contractors and customers, through various tools and activities, such as Suppliers Code of Conduct and sustainability consultations
- Targeted and implemented considerate and solid environmental responsibility plan, such as Greenhouse Gas (GHG) reduction, GHG tracking, and resource exploitation reduction